Following on from my previous blog, below is 5 more ways you can positively change your personal finances going into the New Year:
- 1. Save for items before you buy. Make sure you have the money freely available in your account before purchasing something. Don’t buy if you don’t have the money as this will avoid you the hassle from my previous point.
- 2. Use price comparison websites and avoid impulse buying. Have a look at comparison websites before you buy as more often than not, they will find what you are looking for a whole lot cheaper.
- 3. Cancel any unnecessary direct debits – it’s the new year, time to have a sort out and refresh. Open your account and see what direct debits you have going out. Are you paying for things you don’t need or even more importantly never used? Get rid of them and maybe put that money in a savings account each month.
- 4. Think about your supermarket shop more – the food shop is one of the biggest expenses a family has to fork out on week in, week out and there are some ways to cutting the total cost down.
- – Plan your meals before you go to the shop
- – Set a budget before you go
- – Don’t impulse buy
- – Don’t shop whilst you’re hungry!
- 5. Take on the 48 hour rule if you’re shopping online. If you are browsing online, leave it in your basket without checking out for 48 hours, this gives you time to think “do I really need this?”
Remember to use code ‘LOVESAVING1’ at checkout to get your first month of your My VIP Rewards subscription for free and try saving with our over 5,000 discounts we have to offer!
Happy New Year to you all x