You may or may not have seen the news from COP26 where it was discussed to make UK firms show how they will help hit net zero by 2050. Ideas and actions you will take need to be set out in a detailed plan by 2023. Here are our top 5 tips on how to do just that.
- 1. Use renewable energy for power! Switch to greener technologies and energy providers to power your offices/workplace. This sector is growing exponentially as of late, so the choices and alternatives for renewable energy is rapidly growing. Make sure you do your research into what provider is best for your needs, as well as getting the best price you possibly can.
- 2. Recycle! This is probably something you are already doing but make sure you have separate bins for paper, plastics and mixed recycling. This helps make recycling as straightforward as possible for yourselves.
- 3. Turn off those switches! Leaving the room? Turn the light off. Leaving work for the day? Turn your computer off at the wall. Turning such small things off can save up to 50% of the energy being used by the end of the day. That’s a lot of energy. Such simple things can make such a positive impact.
- 4. Be mindful! Are there changes you can make to your stationary, cleaning products. Can you switch to biodegradable products?
- 5. Think about your suppliers! This links very much to the above. However, it’s worth pointing out and thinking about. Are your suppliers being as mindful as you are? Are they making the adjustments you are to make a positive impact on climate change and achieving net zero? If not, this will have an influence on how much difference you can make. It’s worth asking them the question as to what changes they’re making and what they’re putting in place, I’m sure they’ll be eager to share.