As zero waste living comes more of a mainstream culture, we wanted to provide you with some of the best tips on how to achieve this lifestyle.
Climate warming is a topic on all our tongues at the moment and reducing our carbon footprint is something we should be trying to obtain. Here’s how you can do just that:
- 1) Try and eliminate the use of single use plastic as much as you can during your everyday lifestyle. Buy fresh fruit and veg that’s not wrapped in plastic and remember to take your re-usable bags to the supermarket.
- 2) Reuse, reuse, reuse – switch as many disposables to reusables as much as you can. E.g. reusable water bottles, razors, fabric face masks.
- 3) Recycle – use your recycling bins. Whether these are yours or you go to the recycling bins in your local area. Split up your plastics, cardboards, tins, glass bottles.
- 4) Compost – any left-over food, you can put in a compost bin and use to improve your soil.
- 5) Buy in bulk – saves you money and cuts down your food miles. Also decreases the number of packages you purchase.
- 6) Use charity shops – instead of buying brand new clothing, why not head to a charity shop or two and buy second hand. There are some great bargains to be had out there.
- 7) Plan your meals before you do your weekly shops – this reduces the chance of buying unnecessary amounts of food that could go to waste.
- 8) Switch the soap bottles for soap bars – try shampoo bars. Less plastic and they last longer to save you money.
- 9) Donate items you no longer want and need instead of chucking them in the bin. I’m sure most things have got more life in them and someone else may as well make the most of it.
- 10) Avoid paper waste – switch from paper to digital where possible. Junk mail, business cards and greeting cards are all things you can switch to digital.
To help you on your way to your changing lifestyle, My VIP Rewards would like to help you save money whilst you reduce your waste. We have some great zero-waste businesses on our website/app offering our subscribers discounts. Use code ‘LOVESAVING1’ to get your first month free and start saving on your new zero waste products.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY, SUPPORT YOUR PLANET!